To make things clearer, I’ve made this separate post with an itinerary that you can better organise your days in Rome and the Vatican, okay?
You can click on those links and follow the map while you are there. It will help you a lot.
– Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel
– Basilica of Sao Pedro
– Castel Sant’Angelo
– Trastevere (or leave for the 4th day)
– Palatine and Forum Roman (it is the same ticket of the Colosseo)
– Arch of Constantine
– Circus Maximus (or leave for the 4th day)
– Piazza del Campidoglio
– Piazza Venezia Monument / Memorial Vittorio Emanuelle II
– Imperial Forum and Traiano Market (or go for the 4th day)
– Termas di Caracalla (or leave for the 4th day)
– Villa Borghese
– Piazza del Popolo
– Piazza di Spagna
– Piazza Navona
– Campo di Fiori
– Circus Maximus (if there was no time on the 1st day)
– Termas de Caracalla (if there was no time on the 2nd day)
– Imperial Forum and Traiano Market (if there was no time on the 1st day)
– Trastevere (if there was no time on the 1st day)
That is the itinerary we used when we went.
As you can see, we were not sure how long it would take in the queues and other places, so we left open to see what was missing and we could do on the last day. This is important because you prioritise what you would like to see.
We were hustling, but we managed to see everything we wanted. However, if you want to see a museum or something else, the time shorter. So plan ahead, okay?
Have a great trip!
This post is also available in: Português